Manufactured in 1923 by the Fairbanks-Morse Engine Company, Beloit, Wisconsin.
The Fairbanks Morse Z series was introduced in 1916 and manufactured until the close of World War II. Within that time, over 550,000 F-M Z engines were manufactured. They were often purchased by farmers for multiple uses around the farm. Unfortunately, the history of the engine on display at AGSEM is unknown.
The Gas Engine Row team would like to send out a hearty thanks to Richard Millage for his handywork on the pump system. Job well done!