Manufactured in 1914 by the Chicago Pneumatic Tool Company, Chicago, Illinois.
The Chicago Pneumatic engine contains two in-line cylinders, a two-cycle diesel engine in the front and a compound air compressor in the back.
The Chicago Pneumatic Tool Company was founded in 1901. It manufactured this type of engine beginning in 1912 and in various other sizes and combinations until 1925.
The Chicago Pneumatic engine in our display was used to supply compressed air for a mining operation in Quartzsite, Arizona. It was donated to the Museum in 1983 and restored to operating condition by AGSEM volunteers.